Fundraise for Us!
If you are a business and you would like to consider supporting APOPO’s HeroRATs, or HeroDOGs, we would love to hear from you! At APOPO, we believe that a relationship with an organisation should run deeper than just giving us money, it should be a true partnership, where you as a supporter can see the real impact of your involvement.
There are several ways you can get involved to support us. Click here to find out more about our Corporate VIP HeroRAT Adoptions, which are sure to delight the team and inspire their generosity!
If you would like to invest your time to support the amazing work of APOPO, then we would love to hear from you! We have various voluntary roles available – click here for more information!
If you are a school and are interested in learning more about our work, or potentially even having someone from APOPO visit your school, either in person or remotely (depending on where you are in the world!) to help the children learn more about the impact of some of the world’s biggest humanitarian issues and how our HeroRATs are helping, then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Events and fundraising
Maybe you are an adventurer and would like to do something different to support our HeroRATs, HeroDOGs and APOPO’s de-miners, handlers and local teams, or maybe you want to be inspired to do something adventurous! Either way, you can choose from a myriad of exciting fundraising challenges, or even come up with an idea of your own to raise money for APOPO’s work!
We will support you every step of the way, if you need inspiration and ideas, or if you know what you would like to do, we can provide posters, flyers, information, or images.
Some ideas for the adventurous and the not-so-adventurous of you!
- You can use Facebook to create a birthday fundraiser, in fact, you can create Facebook fundraisers anytime you like!
- If you enjoy a particular hobby, why not push yourself and get sponsored!
- You could do a 24-hour no-speaking challenge – a challenge for those who are more outspoken!
- If you are a member of a club, society, or group – you could work together to create a fundraising idea that you will all enjoy! For example, if you are in a book club – you could do a book reading challenge (three Tolstoys in a week would be a huge challenge)!
- If you have a talent, you could use it for good – we have had people fundraise for us, by donating proceeds of their work (authors, artists and textile designers to name some) to our HeroRATs.
- You could do a gaming marathon with your friends and get sponsorships!
- You could speak to your work colleagues and create a team-building challenge or event to raise funds! Ideas include a bake sale at work, wearing blue or orange for the day (APOPO’s colours!), holding a raffle, or even better a quiz night! For more information on VIP Corporate HeroRAT Adoptions, please click here.
- You could participate in a challenge event, such as a fun run, hike, bike ride, walk, or even climbing a mountain, a skydive, or Iron Man challenges, if you are super fit!
Whatever you would like to do, to fundraise for us, we are here to support you. Please reach out to: Emma.email@example.com for help, and ideas, or for a chat about fundraising for us!
You can get some cool swag and support APOPO at the same time, simply visit our stores (we have one for Europe and one for the US) where you can buy your cool HeroRAT t-shirt, cap, hoodie, water bottle and so much more! Check out our stores here.
You can support APOPO, our HeroRATs, HeroDOGs, de-miners, and handlers anytime by making a one-off donation. Click here for more information.
Days we celebrate throughout the year – 2023
Throughout the year, APOPO has specific dates where our message and work are particularly important and other dates where your gift will be match funded, so well worth knowing the dates if you want your support to go further!
Some of the more prominent campaigns and days that we celebrate are as follows:
- January 1st: New Year’s Day
- January 14th: Dress up Your Pet Day!
- February 1st: National Freedom Day
- February 11th: International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- February 14th: Valentine’s Day
- February 17th: Random Acts of Kindness Day
- February 17th: World Pangolin Day
- February 20th: World Day of Social Justice
- February 27th – World NGO Day
- March 3rd: World Wildlife Day
- March 8th: International Women’s Day
- March 10th: Mother’s Day UK
- March 24th: World Tuberculosis Day
- April 4th: International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action
- April 4th: World Rat Day!
- April 7th – World Health Day
- April 8th – April 12th: GlobalGiving’s Little x Little Match Funding campaign
- April 22nd: World Earth Day
- May 1st: International Labour Day
- May 12th: International Mother’s Day
- June 5th: World Environment Day
- June 16th: Father’s Day
- 12th July: July Bonus Day, where larger gifts are match-funded on GlobalGiving
- August 12th: World Elephant Day!
- August 26th: International Dog Day!
- September 2nd: Labor Day (USA)
- September TBC: GlobalGiving’s Little x Little Match Funding campaign
- September 21st: International Day of Peace
- September 22nd: World Rhino Day
- October 4th: World Animal Day
- October 16th: World Food Day
- November 19th: International Men’s Day
- November 28th: Thanksgiving
- December 3rd: Giving Tuesday
- December 10th: World Human Rights Day
- December 12th – Pet Photo Contest Day!
- December 24th: Christmas Eve
- December 25th: Christmas Day
- December 26th: Boxing Day
- December 31st: New Year’s Eve